Featured Post

Welcome!

Welcome to The Mind of a (Book)Worm ! Sophie and I created this as a method of starting a book club without having to read the same books,...

Friday, September 18, 2015

The Search

Hello! How have you all been? I hope everything is going well. I have not had much time to post lately because of school starting up. I have kept reading, don't worry, it just is less than I had been. I recently just finished Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid. I had bought this a while ago as an ebook and I just got around to reading it.

Here is a brief overview:
Leila is a girl that blows through towns in search of something. Each time she stops, she meets four different people and finds that she can give them help and in return, she gains a friendship. Hudson has his entire future ahead of him all planned out. Bree is running away from something and doesn't stay in one place for long. Elliot feels the heavy weight of heartbreak and is contemplating what he could do. And Sonia grapples with whether should could ever love again. Every person she meets leaves Leila with a bit more of a sense of herself. An of course there's the trip to see the gorgeous Northern Lights.

Alright!

I really thought that this was an okay book. Of five stars, I'd give it a three. There seemed to be a lot of hype surrounding this book and I felt that it didn't live up to the expectations the reviews gave it. Don't get me wrong, it was a good read, I just felt it a bit predictable. The characters seemed a bit underdeveloped and until the end I didn't have much an emotional attachment to any of them. Of the five stories, I liked Leila's the best. I felt the ending a bit too cliche, though, and was upset at how unrealistic the entire situation was. Many of the characters lived uncommon lives and I just felt that they weren't very relatable. Elliot was, but I felt that he was a bit lugubrious for my taste.

Thanks for sticking around, happy reading!
Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments appropriate and courteous!