Featured Post

Welcome!

Welcome to The Mind of a (Book)Worm ! Sophie and I created this as a method of starting a book club without having to read the same books,...

Monday, October 12, 2015

Hi there, I'm Beth! And here's some book chat!

Hi everyone!

I suppose I should start with an introduction about myself, and, as I saw Megan do, answer a few bookish questions.

So, I've been reading since I can remember, but it's only been this year when I really got into YA novels. The book that really got me out of my at least months-and-months reading slump? All The Bright Places. Ever since then, I've been completely book and reading obsessed, once again. Anyway, here's some bookish questions about me:

Favorite novel?
Oh gosh, obviously this is a hard one for most people. But as you probably know, it's even harder for us bookworms. I (obviously) don't have an absolute favorite, there are so many. But a few of them are: Paper Towns, Eleanor & Park (and anything from Rainbow) and Amy & Roger's Epic Detour.

Favorite genre?
I don't know. I'm up for any, but I have to say I'm a sucker for a good romance. But overall, probably contemporary with a bit of romance thrown in.

Book quote?
Ah, there are so many good ones! But one of my favorites has to be this one:
“It’s not because I want to make out with her.”
“Hold on.” He grabbed a pencil and scrawled excitedly at the paper as if he’d just made a mathematical breakthrough and then looked back up at me.
“I just did some calculations, and I’ve been able to determine that you’re full of shit.”
-Looking For Alaska, John Green

Broke your heart?
There are many. All The Bright Places is one that really touched me, though.

Bookish best friend?
Cath from Fangirl! I looooove her.

Bookish boyfriend?
Probably Levi xD Or Quentin from Paper Towns, you've just got to love him.

Favorite series?
THE HUNGER GAMES. I have to say, sometimes I HATE when I like a book/series that I think it overhyped, but I don't know how to not love THG?

Favorite classic?
Jane Eyre. As I say, I'm a sucker for romance. (And I haven't read many/any other classics, but hopefully I will soon!)

With that over, let's have some book chat!

As I do reviews on my own blog, I thought it would be best to post something a little different here. I know Sophie doesn't always have the time to post about book hauls, or just talk about books, as school is pretty busy for her, so I feel like it'd be good to just have a chat with you guys.

I want to talk about how dangerous being a bookworm can be. For a start, books aren't always that cheap. Especially when you add up all of the books we want to own or read.

The other thing is, is if you're a hardcore bookworm like me, you fall in love by just glancing at a cover. This is the most dangerous love of all. Piles and piles of TBR books stack up, and now I have over 200 TBR books on goodreads. But, because of how much I love physical books, I want to own them all. And I don't have a Kindle, and would actually prefer not to.

I can easily see the benefits of having Kindles and e-readers. But I just don't like reading on a screen. Blogs and forums, yes, but books, no. I am extremely traditional when it comes to books. I would even pay a small cost to have the paperback rather than the e-book for free.

But, even when sometimes the paperback is soft and beautiful (you know that soft, cloth like feeling when you stroke it?), I fall for the hardback edition. And here comes another chance to spend my money, because as you all know, hardbacks are expensive. But how, how, could anyone purchase a paperback edition of ATPB when this exists? (Sorry for tagging a random blog there, it was the best photo I could find.)

One of my favorite tags on Instagram is #ditchthatjacket, because what is more beautiful than a hardback book without its cover? I would even go as far to say that printed hardcovers (you know when the same picture is printed on the actual cover undearneath the jacket) are just ugh. Because what is a hardback without the soft actual cloth covers? That are just so nice to stroke and stroke and stroke?

Anyway. I need to stop ranting about my bookish peeves. I'll be back soon, with more book talk, probably. Meanwhile, you can find me on my blog and Instagram!

Also, a massive thank you to Sophie for inviting me to join her and the team♥

Beth || @illgiveyouthebooks || www.illgiveyouthebooks.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments appropriate and courteous!