Featured Post

Welcome!

Welcome to The Mind of a (Book)Worm ! Sophie and I created this as a method of starting a book club without having to read the same books,...

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

NaNoWriMo: How To Write a Novel

Hey guys!

I would firstly like to say a massive sorry to Sophie for not being around more. Yes, we're all busy, but that's no excuse.

So, I'm back! With a post about NaNoWriMo, which I'm sure many of you have heard of.

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, and it's an online based November project, for anyone to join.

The overall goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days, or 30,000 words if you're in the YA NaNoWriMo.

Now, writing is not for every person, but it's not for every bookworm either...yes, we all love reading, and I'm sure many of us have written a little something at some point, but it takes a LOT to write 50,000 words in a month, that equals 1.6k every day.

But sometimes, it's a challenge that we need. And in the end, it doesn't matter if you don't finish on time, because YOU have still achieved something massive, something amazing. You have written a 250 page novel. And that is certainly something to boast about.

And if you think your novel is a load of crap? That's fine! There's no one there to read or judge your book, unless you want them to. Plus, if it really IS crap (which I'm sure it isn't) it's all practice. There are many years of NaNoWriMo to come, so if you don't manage to write a full novel this year, it's fine. If you do, you deserve an enormous pat on the back! Congrats!

Before I finish off, I want you all to know, this is my first year participating in NaNoWriMo, so I am a complete greenie. But from what I've gathered, all we need to complete this challenge is coffee (or tea, tea drinkers, we can DO THIS.), comfy clothes, a hell of a lot of stamina and just enough time (doesn't have to be a lot, but having a lot can definitely help).

At the end of this, guys, at the end of this torture. We are going to be authors. Remember that. Let it sink in.

And write.

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments appropriate and courteous!