Featured Post

Welcome!

Welcome to The Mind of a (Book)Worm ! Sophie and I created this as a method of starting a book club without having to read the same books,...

Sunday, November 22, 2015

A New Me

Hello, guys!! So this book I read in two days. I didn't even realize it only took that amount of time, it felt like a week! Ah, it was super good, too! This review is for Every Day by David Levithan. Previous to this I had read Will Grayson, Will Grayson co-authored with John Green, but I don't think I've read anything else by him. Anywho, I had picked this book up after having a bad day so I bought it 'cause I wanted to treat myself.

Here's a summary:
Every day a new person. Every day A must learn how to adjust to the new body it is placed in. A's soul travels body to body every day. One day A spends a day in the body of a boy named Justin. This day A finds her. A finds Rhiannon. And nothing is the same again. It's hard because A knows but she doesn't know. A wants to put roots down now. It's hard travelling day by day, nothing constant.

Okay, I don't know what else to say in the overview without giving too much away so I'm going to leave it there. This was super interesting to read. It is hard to describe A because the soul travels to a new body irregardless of gender but always around the same age. I flew through this though and it was well written. I enjoyed the many bits of wisdom A had to offer because of it's unique point of view on life. I felt that although A kept moving around in different situations I could still relate to some of the things A felt.

One thing I always wondered was how Rhiannon felt the entire time. It must have been odd to have someone come up to you and say that they change bodies every day. I suppose I won't have to wonder too much because good ol' David Levithan wrote Another Day which is a companion to it written in her point of view. I want to read it but I don't know what I'll think. I hope it's as good.

Okay, I'll keep it short and sweet! Happy reading!
Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments appropriate and courteous!