Featured Post

Welcome!

Welcome to The Mind of a (Book)Worm ! Sophie and I created this as a method of starting a book club without having to read the same books,...

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Bookish Problems (and how we deal with them)

Okay so I found this tag on WordPress about problems we have as bookworms, and I decided I should post about it here!

I'm going to be listing 10 bookish problems and how I, personally, deal with them.

1.You have 20,000 books on your TBR! How on Earth do you decide which one to read next?

I use a TBR jar. They're cute and it's a really fun way to find your next book!

2. You're halfway through a book but not enjoying it that much. Do you stop or force yourself through it?

Unless I really, really don't like it, I carry on. If I've started reading a book, even when I don't really like it, I tend to want to find out what happens, and have an overall opinion. Throughout my entire life, I've only ever not finished two books.

3. The end of the year is approaching but you're no where near your Goodreads target. Do you attempt to pick up the pace or give up?

I try and pick up the pace. I joined Goodreads about 3 months ago, so I did a measly target of 15 books before the end of the year. I've done over that, but I think I'd try and finish it regardless.

4. The covers of a series you love do not match. How do you cope?

I actually haven't come across this yet. But if I do, I will give the un-matching book(s) away and purchase the matching ones.

5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

Sophie, my friend Emma or my mum. She usually understand my hate for books that are way too over-hyped

6. You're reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal with it?

I can usually hold back the tears if forced, and just do an awkward choked cough and hope it goes away.

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgetten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read, skip the sequel or just hope you remember?

I would re-read. If I really can't remember what happens, then I'd like to have it fresh in my mind.

8. You do not want anyone, ANYONE, borrowing your books. When they ask, how do politely decline?

I would either 1) force them (in a joking way) to look after them, or just flat out decline. After all, if they can't understand my love for books, how can we be friends?

9. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get out of your reading slump?

I don't often get into them. Normally, I force myself through them and I end up loving the next book just as much as the past one.

10. There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to get and read! How many do you buy?

I normally don't buy many. I just simply don't have the money. Unless I find books really cheap that I've wanted for a long time, then I have no choice but to be controlled.

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments appropriate and courteous!