Featured Post

Welcome!

Welcome to The Mind of a (Book)Worm ! Sophie and I created this as a method of starting a book club without having to read the same books,...

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Fitting In

Hey! I'm on winter break so I'm trying catch up all my book reviews. There are so many I'm behind on! So this one is for Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes. I had ordered this off The Book Depository's website (which I love due to their wide variety of paperback and free world-wide shipping) and finally got to it last month.

Okay, here's a synopsis:
Anika Dragomir is third-most popular girl at Pound High School. With a name like that, she knows that she is lucky to be so high in the pecking order. On the outside, she is pretty and a bit European looking thanks to her Romanian father. On the inside though, she's spider stew and she knows it. It's only a matter of time before the others find out too and she's working hard to prevent it. Then on the first day of sophomore year, Logan McDonough the former-freak shows up hotter, bolder, and oh-so off-limits. Anika can't stop thinking about him, but she knows that if popular girl number one sees her with him that her life is over. She must decide - embrace her inner freak, or ignore someone who might truly get her.

I really enjoyed this! At first I was a bit skeptical in the opening chapters, but after a while I really loved it. Anika's narration is a bit juvenile, but I had to say to myself that she needed flaws to fix in the end and it all ended really amazingly. Okay, well there is a plot twist, but there is so much foreshadowing. I kept telling myself it wouldn't happen. I thought something else would happen, but what did kind of blew me away. I was so surprised and not at the same time. I could have cried, but I didn't. Still the ending was very good. I loved the development of Anika and her realizations. Her quirkiness is so lovable I just wanted to hug her and tell her everything would be okay. I also liked all her siblings. They were kind of awesome haha and her sisters were there for her in the end when she needed it. I really hope you give this one a chance. The cover is nice and pretty; look at it! Isn't it beautiful?!?!?! Ahh! There's a hardcover copy at The Bookman (in good old, Grand Haven, MI.) You should definitely check it out.

So stop reading this review and get it already!! Happy reading!
Sophie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments appropriate and courteous!